Monday, September 6, 2010

On our hike

When are we gonna stop? (Elaina, within the 1st 2 minutes) Its like a death trap or something. (Ben referring to a steep hill) Look at the view from here. (Jack checking out the view from atop the cliff) Dad, be careful, don't fall, don't be scared dad. (Elaina as we look over the cliff) Did I mention I'm slightly scared of heights? (Scotty) I made it! (Ben when we got to the top) I stuck! (Charlie as he was carried in a sling on Daddy's hip) I wanna find some deer. (Elaina) Be quiet you guys are scaring the deer! (Elaina) I have a rock in my shoe. (Elaina) I'm marking my trail. (Jack) Let's race! (Ben) Let's pretend were walking on crystals! (Elaina to Ben) I think I found a fossil! (Ben, about a rock) It might be a dinosaur. (Ben about a "fossil") I think its part of its stomach. (Ben about a "dinosaur fossil") I found the foot of a dinosaur! (Ben about a "fossil") I'm a wizard. (Jack? I think?) This one was a Duck bill dinosaur. (Ben about a "fossil") Its hard to take notes and hike at the same time. I think I need a little recorder to catch all this stuff....

1 comment:

  1. Love it!

    It's hard to be "in the moment" and also remembering everything for later.

    ReplyDelete