Saturday, September 18, 2010

Charlie's tutu

Charlie (2) came into the kitchen in a blue tutu (at least it was blue) and began to twirl with his sister and little girl friend. He also had on a king's crown. He looked adorable and was so carefree in his cross dressing attire! As we decided to go out for the afternoon, Charlie very sweetly said, "I wear this!" pointing to his tutu. So, I didn't have the heart to change him. He frolicked at the Kirkwood farmer's market in his tutu. He picked out a squash in his tutu. He played at the playground in his tutu. He was called a cute little girl a couple times. I corrected. No one was astounded. Mostly moms just nodded or pointed to their son's princess sunglasses. However, I rather my son to look like a boy. But I don't think I have to worry about him wearing that tutu to the park every day or anything, he kept tripping on his skirt on the way up the ladder to go down the slide. He has begun to learn young, the struggles of being a woman.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to let kids be kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree. This was highly inappropriate.

    - Charlie's Dad

    ReplyDelete