Friday, September 10, 2010

Waiting turned Blessing

I had a Lowes date with my bathroom remodeler today. He said he would be around early afternoon to go pick out grout, paint etc. with me. I waited....I played puzzles with Charlie...I waited some more. No remodeler showed up. I waited....I built blocks with Ben and Charlie...I waited some more. No show. I waited...I hung in the playroom with Ben and Charlie watching them play together, build together....I waited some more. No show. I waited....I read books to the boys.....I waited some more. No show. When the remodeler finally called to say he was sorry he wasn't able to make it today, I couldn't even be upset. I had been given a day at home that I would not have had otherwise. If I had not had a reason to stay home and "wait" then I am sure I would have found some errands to do, or had planned some chores to begin. But thinking that I could be leaving at any moment, kept me just living in and enjoying those moments! with my boys! Also I don't want to forget: -While changing all of the kids' sheets this evening I found a rubber chicken under Jack's mattress. -Ben showed us his new wushu (Kung fu) moves this evening. I cannot explain how adorable it is for your son to basically take you down at age 4. -Ben's teacher says as I am picking him up today, "Ben is such a sweet little guy. And so smart." I mentioned this to Ben, and he smiles hugely, giggles and says, "I guess cause I am so good at school!"

No comments:

Post a Comment