Sunday, September 19, 2010

What I can't do

This morning I poached myself a couple eggs. I wrote a letter. These are the things I can do when my boys are out of town. These are the things I can't do: -wait for them to bring me Charlie from his room in the morning -listen to them getting the little ones breakfast for me -laugh every 5 minutes -hear the piano being played -watch them dance around the kitchen to the radio while making pancakes or a "new recipe" -go watch them play sports -listen to their "stories" they are making up or acting out -watch cartoons with them -hear Charlie and Ben and Elaina laugh at them -visit their "lego museum" every 5 minutes -get a hug about every 3 0r 4 minutes I like having them around.

Also I don't want to forget: -At church tonight Charlie insisted on "peacing" every single person in the very crowded cry room. He stood there trying to get a 4 yr old to give him the sign of peace for like 5 minutes. Kid wouldn't budge. Maybe he had seen Charlie pick his nose earlier.

-We were actually not in the cry room because of any crying however. We were in the cry room because Charlie couldn't stop saying, "Benny, look at this! Benny watch this! Benny! Benny! Benny!" He doesn't quite understand *whisper* yet.

-While we were in the cry room Charlie banged the fire hydrant door open and closed continually until I stopped him, rocked the rocking chair loudly against a big metal pole until I stopped him, stole another boy's book which made the boy cry, asked the little boy "What that?" about the little boy's truck over and over and over, and kept trying to ride on my leg like a horse while yelling, "Higher! higher! higher!" -Also at church, as I carried Charlie up to Communion from having been in the cry room, he looked all around the church for his father. "Mommy, where my daddy go?" I point, and then we have Charlie waving vigorously yelling, "There my daddy! Hi daddy! Hi Daddy!" all the way up to and back from Communion.

No comments:

Post a Comment