Monday, September 13, 2010

Bananas, Boogers and Oatmeal

While cleaning up around the house today, I was reminded that these 3 substances; bananas, boogers and oatmeal could be used to replace say, concrete, gorilla glue, or cement. What the heck!? We are talking some major scrubbing, fingernail scraping and soap to really pry each from the surfaces. Ben says, "mom, I made up a new friend today, but I can't remember his name." I love that he says, "made UP a new friend" as if he means the friend is imaginary. This is not what he means. He means to say that he "made a new friend." so cute. Ben had some zucchini bread today, apparently for the first time, because as he is eating it (and he is my very pickiest eater) he says, "Mom, it is good to try new things." As if this is something that just occurred to him as opposed to something I have been saying to him for the last year or so. At dinner: I said, "lets go around the table and say what we are thankful for." Scotty says, "I thank God for this lovely meal he has bestowed upon us." Ben says, "I thank God for such a special day." Elaina says, "I thank God for flowers and puppies." Jack says, "I thank God for cheeseburgers, a piece of pizza and mac n cheese." (which is not what we were eating). Charlie says, "Man." and the kids thought that was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment