Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Day Behind

I'm a day behind on blogging, so I have to double blog tonight, a day behind on laundry so I have to do an abundance of laundry tonight, a day behind on my plan of organization of the basement, so I have to stay up working on that tonight. But, I am pretty sure it is all worth it, because of what I got to do today with my little boys. We had worked so hard on the house getting it all cleaned up this morning, that we just had to get out and enjoy the weather a little bit as our reward. So, off to the Farmer's Market for a stroll and some lunch (since I am also at LEAST a day behind on getting groceries, and we had no food to eat.) Weather could not have been better and Ben (4 almost 5) could not have been in better form as he deftly raced his scooter down the sidewalk, falling just once. To which he scampered quickly up saying "I'm fine, I'm ok, I'm ok" and then kept going as if nothing had happened. At one point he decided that he needed to ride right next to my stroller with Charlie in it because he thought it would be safer, but I squelched that quickly as we kept falling off of the sidewalk. He hilariously insisted on stopping a good 20 yards from the top of a small decline to keep himself from rolling into the cross-street. He is not my daredevil. When we reached the market we enjoyed some lunch and then headed to the park, where Ben wore his new mummy gloves that we purchased for his Halloween costume. He loves these gloves. He thinks they make him run faster, climb higher, and most importantly, look really cool. After some kids left the park, Ben comes up to me,"I can't believe no one loves my gloves." I say, "Did they say they didn't like them?" Ben says, "no, they didn't say ANYTHING." You see, my kids comment on EVERYTHING. So I think they figure others would also comment on everything, so if they did not comment on it, they must HATE it. My kids' tendency to comment on EVERYTHING is a whole other blog, which I am sure I will be addressing soon. Anyway, Ben ends up saying he is bored, so he and I play freeze tag, which is tricky since there are only 2 of us. He is a good sport and unfreezes me after he tags me. And I run backwards to make it fair. Sadly, freeze tag wore me out within like 3 minutes, so we head to a park bench where I lie back and look up into the trees and the sun is shining through them really cool. So I tell Ben to do the same, and he does, and he tells me that the tree that I called a very tall tree "isn't really all that tall." and we just hang until I have to get up and stop Charlie from swimming in the fountain. Good times. So, this brings me to the moment I am in now, where I am using my babysitter to supposedly keep me from being a day behind, but instead I am blogging so I don't forget the stuff that I did that got me behind in the first place. A vicious circle, but worth it. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment