Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rolling her eyes

So, apparently Elaina has been rolling her eyes at her teachers! They really love her, so they are not upset by this, other than for the fact that when one of the fun-loving teachers told her that her eyes may get stuck that way, Elaina seemed to begin to worry. She takes everything VERY literally. You could say to her, "Did you get that beautiful hair from your mommy?" and she would give you a weird look and say "no, it grows out of my head." Just an example. But she really is quite literal. A funny, funny girl. And she can be so serious. But besides her serious side and her apparently new eye rolling issue, what I most love about Elaina is her happiness. Small things bring her joy, and getting her in a good mood is easy. Just the mention of her swim lesson last night got her all excited and squealing. My "Ballet" response to her question of what she was doing after school today brought her much joy, and pizza for dinner practically threw her over the edge. I am almost afraid to surprise her in 2 weeks for her birthday trip to Chicago with her cousin and a new special doll with the same name as her! She will be beside herself. As will I, because as I have discovered while having a daughter, her joy is my joy, her sorrow is my sorrow and her excitement has even become mine as I anticipate getting to surprise and excite her. I am going to have to handpick her husband one day, because how could anyone be good enough for my serious, joyful, happy, beautiful, eye-rolling Elaina.

No comments:

Post a Comment