Sunday, November 28, 2010

O Christmas Tree

We are headed out to pick out the perfect Christmas tree! I would like to be heading out into the snowy woods to chop down our own tree but a few things are stopping us: No snow, no woods, no ax. So, we will head to the Church parking lot and search the tree lot there for the perfect tree. I asked the kids each what their idea of the perfect Christmas tree would be and these were their answers: Scotty: "Tall but not too tall, not higher than 8 feet. It should have many needles, but not drop a lot of needles. It should have no yellowing needles. Long soft needles that aren't too prickly. Not too thin. Not too thin or thick branches. Pointed top. Lets see...anything I missed...shouldn't be able to see the inside, the trunk." Jack: "Well, it has to stand out. Tall but no too tall. Long branches for all those ornaments we have. It should be special. Not made with hands by man, as in a fake tree. It should be real, because then you will have your own tree that God made for you." Elaina: "Can it be like wide and kind of skinny? And this tall (she shows me with her hands a height as tall as she is) and this thin, (and she shows me a width of about 12 inches with her hands), branches about this long, (she shows me a width of about 12 inches again). On top a little point so we can fit the star on top. Green needles about this wide (2 inches). A thin bottom." Ben: "I think I would like one really big so we can put some ornaments on it. And it would be really good...what else...hmmm...only pine needles on it would be good. I do not want to see the branches, only the pine needles. On the top, I would like that to be a star." (then he burped, said excuse me and walked away). Charlie: "Ummm, a blue one. And candy." I will report on how I did on fulfilling their wishes....we are off!

No comments:

Post a Comment