Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My little Subs

So it was ladies basketball night again, but tonight I also got to play with my boys. We didn't have enough players, so Scotty and Jack got to sub! They did great! I was very proud of my little basketball players tonight. Not just for being able to hang with us old ladies, but for being comfortable enough to get in there and play with us. I think I may have been too shy as a kid to play a pick up game with a bunch of adults. I enjoyed Scotty's little grin when he would sink one. I liked catching a pass from him to sink one myself. I also enjoyed watching Jack dribble around saying, "I'm dribbling around in circles!" He was very cute and did a great job for a 4th grader amidst a bunch of ladies. They were both thrilled to get to stay up past 10 pm. I am sure I will pay for that in the morning. So, that's another good night of exercise for my boys who I am trying to keep from becoming sloths. Also I don't want to forget: -after cleaning up a spilled drink, a banana mess, and more, I locked Charlie in the playroom by shutting the gate so that he could be kept safely out of trouble while the rest of the "getting ready" portion of our morning was underway. He proceeded to balance 2 small folding chairs on top of each other, climb up them and try to climb over the gate! He is really something else. -Ben surprised me today. He had his first real punishment today, because he usually does nothing to warrant one. We were cleaning the basement together today and I see all these holes in the toy closet door. Like 1 inch diameter holes. I ask what happened and Ben ends up admitting that he and a friend poked them all in there with pool cues! 8 holes. And so he once again drives home the point...we can't have anything nice. So I made him finish cleaning and spend the rest of the afternoon/evening in his room. I went to bring him his dinner up there and he had fallen asleep. I am sure I will be paying for this at like 3am with a hungry 5 yr old.

No comments:

Post a Comment