Thursday, November 4, 2010

Flu Shots

mom: Ok, who is going to go first? Jack: I will, I love shots, they don't hurt at all! Ben: I don't really want to do it. What do I get? mom: Just a little shot in the arm. Ben: No I mean don't I get a treat or something after it!? mom: Oh, ya, how about we go out to lunch? Ben: OK. So, I begin filling out the paperwork and Jack gets his shot, and says, "That did not hurt a bit." Elaina proceeds to have a similar reaction. Ben gets brave and keeps a straight face, and then even says, "That did not hurt at ALL!" And then I have Jack hold Charlie's hands down while he gets his shot, since I am still doing paperwork for the shots. (With my first couple babies and toddlers, I held their hands, told them I was there for them, explained how it would all be over soon. Then I would hug them after as they cried in my arms, nursing them even if they had quit nursing at this point in their lives) Today, however, Jack took care of it quite well, Charlie didn't flinch, or at least I don't think he did - I was not paying that close of attention. Then we get up to leave and realize I had not gotten mine yet. So, I hop up on the bench thing, and my kids all tell me how it won't hurt much, and how brave I should be. When it is all over, we head to grab lunch and play at the zoo for a while. Hopefully that was a sufficient "treat" for Ben after his shot. A pretty darn painless ordeal to say the least. Also I don't want to forget: -Today at the zoo Elaina saw a couple zoo workers moving 2 lamas across the zoo on foot with leashes. She jumped up from her spot on the picnic blanket and ran yelling "Lamas!" toward them. The lamas seemed to sense her coming because about that time they began to stir and give their walkers quite a struggle! Sorry, lama walkers. Elaina could not contain herself. Her love for animals can not be suppressed. -Also at the zoo I sooooo enjoyed Ben and Charlie's utter excitement at the monkeys. Charlie saw the lemurs, started yelling "ZABOO!" and ran up to the glass bouncing around like a monkey himself. In the bird house, Ben was enthralled with the owls. He kept saying, "Owls are just my favorite ones mom!" I wish I could get him an owl. -Was looking around for Jack today and found him in Elaina's room helping her curl her dolls hair with rollers. He was being very sweet with her. Glad to see that. -Parent teacher conferences were this evening for Jack and Elaina. These two are out-of-the-box learners. Right now, they have teachers that realize this and are willing to try new things with them. Thank you Lord for caring teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment