Sunday, November 21, 2010

Family Photo Shoot

Not my family photo shoot. No, I had a shoot tonight with our family piano teacher's family. She has five children as I do. She has 3 boys and 2 girls. They are beautiful children. But, well they aren't all really children anymore. One has a family of his own now, and then the others are spaced pretty evenly and go all the way down to 13 years old. I had a lot of fun taking their pictures. What does this have to do with my children? Well, I am always worrying about time going so quickly and worrying about how I will feel when my kids are all growing up. Today I got to see a family right in the midst of that happening, and it was just lovely. They were having a really good time together. I could tell they loved each other a lot and their comfort with each other as I took photos of them lying on each other, leaning on each other, hugging, goofing around together, and just enjoying their stolen time together today (because lives are so busy) was very refreshing. Today I was given a gift of sight, a gift of what is to come, and it is something to look forward to, not to be afraid of or worry too much about. I know that no family is perfect, and I know that this loving family has their own struggles as all families do, but there is beauty in them finding their way together, and in them leaning on each other when they need to, that I believe will always be there. Thank you to God and to this beautiful family for this gift today.

No comments:

Post a Comment