Sunday, November 21, 2010

I get distracted

I don't know if it is having a big family or if I would be like this if I had no children at all, but today my day went almost exactly like this: -Started to work on putting away kids' summer clothing and realized I needed more tubs so -I changed out of pajama pants and put on a bra, and then -I ran to Lowes to pick up some storage tubs and remembered I needed a new basket to hold Charlie's laundry in the laundry room, -so I grabbed one of those too, and I saw some smaller tubs which reminded me i needed to organize my art room and so I -grabbed some art tubs -When I got home I began organizing my laundry area, and halfway through I walked into the kitchen to get a drink where I saw the art tubs so -I went into the art room and began to organize the art closet, while organizing in there I got hungry and popped into the kitchen and opened the fridge where i saw the leftover pork so -I began to put the pork and a bunch of other ingredients into the crockpot for soup, and then I heard the laundry beep, so -I went onto the laundry room to change loads, and I began to fold one load, but the phone rang, so, -I answered the phone in the kitchen and realized the kitchen was a mess, so -I straightened up the counters which were really sticky so, -I got out the Lysol and began scrubbing down all the counters and the dining table and chairs, and then, - I sauntered back into the art room and worked on the art closet organizing again, which is where I found a ton of glasses being used for pencil holders, so I emptied those and brought them back into the kitchen, which is where I smelled Charlie and so -I took him into the back room for a change, which is where I noticed the mudroom was a disaster, so - I started straightening it up and realized there were no diapers in there, so -I took Charlie upstairs for the change and that's where I found the little screwdrivers I also had picked up at lowes so that we could unlock the bedroom doors, so -I began to go through the box of screwdrivers to see which one was small enough to use as a key, I figured it out and I put one above the door and the other in my bedroom which was where I found some things that belonged down in the kitchen, so -I headed back down there but on the way I popped back into the art room, and I finished the organizing, but there was a big pile of trash so -I found a trash bag in the kitchen and took out the art room trash, but while I was outside I ran into my husband and the kids and -I had to stop and watch Jack shoot a few. I slithered away back into the house where I was reminded that we needed to eat soon to get to church on time, so -I began dishing out food for dinner, we ate and -I was taken downstairs to see the lovely painting job my husband had done on the walls in the basement, which is where we keep the out of season clothing, which is when I remembered what I was for sure going to get done today.... PUT AWAY THE SUMMER CLOTHES. Which did not happen. Perhaps I am ADD, and perhaps I should go a little easier on my 9 yr old who can never finish a full task without getting distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment