Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Concert

Our piano teacher sent us an invitation to her brother's family concert at their church. I decide that we are going to this concert come hell or high water because it just seems like such a "family" thing to do. Something my whole family can enjoy together that involves no purchases or a big expensive meal, just us all hanging out together listening to fun music! And at this point my reader is thinking - "Here comes the big rub, the true reality of the evening, being sooooo much different than poor Julie's idea of what it would be" BUT NO! It really was a fabulous evening of family hanging out, singing, dancing, giggling and more! I got into a hand clapping game with my 11 yr old son! We were laughing so hard and having quite a fun time! My littlest 3 spent most of their evening rocking out on their blow-up guitars (my husband had to splurge a little and get them the cheap guitar souvenir es) up on the stage with the singer. My 9 yr old danced and swayed and was laughing with his brother. And after, after we got our cd's signed by the artist and headed toward home, my husband could not help but turn into Ted Drewes for frozen custard. A perfect evening. Ok, we did purchase a couple small things, and dessert, but the real fun was doing something together that we all enjoyed and finding a common denominator between a 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 35 and 37 yr old. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment