Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spa Night

Last night my kiddos needed baths and nails cut, and they were rebelling. So I said to pretend that we were a spa and that we were heading up to the sauna for our showers and then our pedicures and leg massages. The kids jumped all over this. They were really funny. After their showers, they all (except Scotty, I think he was out with dad or something) came into my room and laid down on my bed. I put a Christmas movie in and began the cutting of the toenails. After each kid, I would lotion them up and begin the leg/foot massage. My daughter, who is quite used to this and LOVES this and also happens to be super NOT ticklish just lies there like an adult would. A look of pure relaxation on her face. And she talks to me like I am working for her, gives me directions on what she would like done next, makes me massage her toes a certain way. My next client is a 2 yr old, and he is first against the idea of having to lie down on my bed because this reminds him of bedtime, which he is against right now. So, I just put the lotion on him and begin massaging his little feet and legs and the next thing you know, he is lulled into a super relaxed state, head back, eyelids drooping. In line next is my 5 yr old and he is a bit ticklish and funny about it. He tries not to laugh, but can't help it and he also thinks it is quite amazing that his toenails are barely long at all compared to his brother's. My final massage is for my 9 yr old. I begin by cutting his super long nails - he is nine, why does he not just tell me when he looks like this? I am quite embarrassed for what his teachers must think. Anyway, when I get to the massage part he giggles uncontrollably and nearly kicks me in the head numerous times. Super sensitive, this boy is. So I get to hear him laugh a ton and that is fun, because he needs to laugh like that more because of me. He laughs a lot, but usually not because I am instigating it, and it was fun to be the cause of his laughter. Human touch - so powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment